Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3rd Day in Corning

The town is nice, but I haven't ventured out much. It's too cold and windy. I said we would take a picture at the Welcome sign and post it on here, but there's about 4 ft of snow surrounding it. Nick and I walked daddy to work at lunch time, and it was too much for the both of us. It's not snowing, but I think we'll wait until it gets a little warmer to really take walks.
Since we're in a hotel until our things get here, it has been a challenge. One room with a dog and a baby all day is not fun. There is no where to escape when the little one is napping, and you can't do much b/c you don't want to wake him up. A barking dog doesn't help either. I just hope that some one doesn't walk by our door and get Leni all riled  up.
We picked up the keys to the apt and took a quick look. Of course, it's smaller than our house, but it'll do til we find the 2nd house of our dreams. It's hard for me to let our 1st house go since that's were so many of our memories took place including Nick's 1st night home and his 1st birthday, and Marcus and my 1st anniversary. I know that I will feel better about being a stay at home mom when we're completely settled in. This hotel room ain't workin' for me right now though.
I don't think it's workin' for Nick either. He has no where to really run around and he only has a few of his toys. If he starts screaming and yelling just b/c he wants to I have to shush him b/c he can be heard down the hall and down 1 level. He's not liking the modified versions of his foods so I have to go back to the yogurt and oatmeal almost every meal. I know this has to be boring.
I know it'll get better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment