Monday, February 28, 2011

4 months in abbreviation

A ton has happened and it was all blog worthy, but I was too lazy to take 10 min out of my day to type it all out. Here are the last 4 mo in abbreviation:
We found out my sister was pregnant Thanksgiving weekend. Of course, that brought tons of drama b/c she just started collage, and my entire family thinks it's the end of the world if you have a child at a young age and without being married. No, I'm not proud of this, which is why most of my friends don't even know, but I am excited that I will be an aunt soon. Since this has happened, my sister and I have definitely had a closer relationship, and I hope it will continue. She will continue school once the baby is born and has found help through government programs until she is financially stable. It's not a good situation to be in, but there is always a solution. We are her to support her decisions and not dictate her life.
As most of you know, Marcus had been out of a job since March of 2010. I am happy to announce that he has found a great job. I am sad to announce that it is not in Houston. We have moved to Corning, NY. We are excited, nervous and sad. Excited b/c we get to live and see a new part of our great country and it is a new job. Nervous b/c it will just be the 3 of us, we will need to meet new people, and I am out of a job now. Sad b/c we will be 1500 miles away from our families.
Now, I will temporarily be a stay at home mom. I worked part time in Houston since Marcus started his new position and really like spending time with Nick. I just don't think I can do this long-term though. I do plan to make the best of this time, and considering we are not used to this crazy cold, snowy, rainy weather I don't think it will include much time out doors.
The move has brought a lot of stresses. We've had to put our house on the market, look for a new home, quit my job, move out of our house, adjust Nick's sleep and feeding schedules, and make a thousand and one arrangements for all of it.
Yes, our dachshund, Leni, has moved with us. We'd never leave him behind, but I know it will be difficult for him to adjust since he doesn't like the cold or wet. now that I have found a new  love for crocheting, I will have to make him some sweaters and scarves.
I am looking forward to writing more about or great adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You have had a busy 4 months! I really hope things work out for you guys and that you are able to handle all the transitions and adjustments with grace and ease.

    ReplyDelete