Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Little of Everything

Today was the end of my first work week..kind of. I still need to put in a couple of hrs tomorrow, but they'll be from home. After 4 days, I see the only thing that's changed are the 4 new people that have taken the place of 2 people that left; it's the same ol' job, the same ol' tasks. I don't know what I was expecting. Oh well...for now. I need to make changes, but we'll see what that will be in the next couple of months.
It was also my first time getting on the freeway with a ton of other drivers, and I have to rant a little. It's unreal how many people don't use there signals; come on, let me know that your getting in before i almost hit you. Even though I keep plenty of room to let a car in, it still scares the crap out of me when they get in so ridiculously close to me with no signal. I had to slam on my breaks at least once every day this week.
I know that taking care of a baby is a full time job, but why do I feel bad that Marcus is doing the cooking and cleaning everyday? It's not like I don't want to help, but I can't do anything when the baby gets hungry when it's time to cook then gets hungry and sleepy when it's time to clean up. Is it still ok to rest when the baby is sleeping, or am I just being lazy? Am I going to be tired all the time until my son graduates from collage? Because if that's the case, I might as well skip the rest time and work through the tiredness to clean and organize.
I'm guessing by the responses most of the people that read this are women so I will say...I forgot how much I hate being on my period. Ugh! I am not one of the fortunate that doesn't get a period just because I'm breastfeeding, although I was hopeful. (For those who don't have kids yet, just b/c you don't have your monthly visitor doesn't mean you still won't get pregnant.) I forgot about the cramping and the bloated feeling. I guess I'll just deal just like before. This reminds me, I plan to read Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation by Elissa Stein and Susan Kim. It has some crazy facts like where the word hysterectomy came from.
I figured out that my blog can be posted on facebook, which is great because a lot more people read it...I think. The only problem is that my posts are part of my blog, not just notes. If you would like to be a follower please visit www.hayneslife.blogspot.com, plus it's much prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment