Monday, March 29, 2010

Today, I work...kind of...

Today was my first day back at work, away from my baby, and with other adults. It was actually better than I thought. Five hours actually goes by pretty quickly; maybe b/c everyone was coming up to me and saying, "You're back," "You look great," "How's the baby," and "How's Marcus," which turned into a long conversation every time. The last hour, I was counting the minutes; I was actually working, so I don't know if that is what it will be like from now on.
I wondered what I looked like in the eyes of others, and now I know. Everyone told me that I looked great and it doesn't even look like I had a baby. The truth is I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but underneath all the clothes, it looks nothing like it did 11 months ago. Flab and stretch marks everywhere. I can only think of what I look like naked, and it's not pretty. Nothing is the same. Oy! Nothing!
On another note, Nick stayed home with daddy today, and Marcus said that he cried most of the time. I guess he really missed me. Of course, when I got home, there was no sign of the crying. Nick was gabbing on and on and smiling as usual. Marcus did not want to attempt bath time, but I'm sure he would have had an easier time if he had. Nick loves bath time and is calm after that and feeding time. Oh well, I guess Marcus isn't comfy with it yet; that's ok. I love bath time. Marcus did a great job for the 1st day, and it's great that they get guy time when a lot of dads don't have this opportunity. It also gives me a month to look for a nanny.
If anyone knows of an unemployed nanny in my area, let me know, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment