Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ten days later

It's amazing, satisfying, joyful, and so hard!
Nicholas is such a good baby. He doesn't cry much. Of course, he cry's when he's hungry, has a wet diaper, or is bored and wants attention. This is not all the time though. I know every mom and dad says this, but he is the cutest baby I have ever seen. As cute as he is, he still needs me and his daddy all the time.
Even though I've gotten used to breastfeeding, it is so painful. I've cried a few time already, but now that I've started pumping, I think it'll get easier. I had a hard time breastfeeding at first b/c every book and every person will say how to do it, but I still wasn't sure if I was doing it right. Once the baby is on your boob it's hard to adjust anything b/c every move you make hurts, and every feeding hurts more and more. Now that I'm pumping, I can sub one or two feedings with a bottle, and the next time takes to the boob it's not as painful. As much as it hurts, I still find joy in knowing that my baby is eating well.
Diaper changing has become a real event. Especially with a boy b/c you never know if he's gonna give you a little surprise while changing him. I've gotten used to watching his little pee-pee while wiping, but Marcus still gets caught off guard. Sometimes Nicholas will begin peeing all over the changing table or his outfit and now the diaper changing becomes a wardrobe change. He's done this a few time already, and it never stops being funny.
They say that all newborns do is eat sleep and poop, which is some what right. After ten days, Nicholas will stay awake for 30 minutes in the morning and early evening. This is always a great time to talk to him, and even though I don't think he understands yet, he will look at me or Marcus as if he wants to understand.
Taking care of baby is a lot of work, when the doctor says, "Do nothing, but take care of baby for 2 weeks," it's hard to imagine, but it's tiring trying to do anything else. Just cutting veggies for dinner and loading the washer is enough to need a nap afterward. I'm so glad I have a great husband that has taken over the entire house, a mother-in-law that comes to visit and help, and a mom that knows me so well and helps me when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment