Sunday, January 24, 2010

He's here

Well, I was planning to post something earlier this week, but Nicholas finally decided to make his debut on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM. Here's our story:
TUESDAY
I woke up feeling like crap. There was something different about my body that did not feel good. I had my 39 week appointment and was miserable. Marcus walked into the waiting room and I start crying because I wanted it to be over with already. My entire appointment consisted of me crying and everyone reassuring me that it wouldn't be long. The doc scraped my membrane which most of the time helps speed things up.
I went on with my day with nothing happening. I figured that it didn't work until 9:00PM...I began feeling some contractions, but I waited to see how long it would last as I had already gone through the same feelings the week before for a about 3 hrs. The contractions lasted through the night and were inconsistent.
WEDNESDAY
I hadn't slept all night and decided that I was not going to work b/c the contractions had not gone away and I figured they would continue. So I guess I knew we would be going to the hospital sometime today. As long as the water doesn't break (water breaks on its own only 15% of the time) I would have to wait at home until my contractions were 3 to 5 minutes apart. By 8AM they were at 11 minutes.
I called my mom to tell her we were home and she suggested to take a walk around the neighborhood to help speed things up. We went out and even though it was 15 minutes, I was tired and ended up taking a nap. I thought I had peed a little when I moved. I went to the restroom and more liquid came. My underwear was soked and I yelled at Marcus', "I think we need to go to the hospital b/c I'm sure my water broke." I changed my underwear, got a towel and off we went. By the time we got to the hospital at 11AM my pants were soaked to below my knees.
I was admitted, my contractions were about 4 minutes apart and strong, and I was dilated to 4 cm. I was not progressing enough and the nurse gave me Pitosine (makes contractions more intense) around 5 which made me get to 6 cm. I couldn't stand it anymore and got an Epidural after a short while. The pain before this hurt so much; I never imagined it would be so painful. I though I would be ready for this, but that is something that I was never prepared for. After the Epidural the only thing I felt was pressure which is the same feeling you get when you've been constipated and can finally poop.
The nurse checks me at 830PM and I am at 10cm. She calls the doctor, and waiting for her to come, they prepare the room and me for delivery. Dr, Luethcke gets there at 9PM and I start pushing. My mom counted the number of contractions it took for me to push the baby out...6...only 17 minutes after we started. I was so scared to push, I began wrong. the doctor told me to push from my abdomen and to not make any sound when pushing. The best part was that I could feel everything without the pain. I felt the baby's head pop first. Then I had to wait and push the rest of the baby's body. I was so glad it was over and my baby boy was finally here.

My Favorite

The Family

No comments:

Post a Comment