Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Maternity Leave

My boss will be on maternity leave in a couple of weeks which is forcing me to think about it early. I'm not sure what to do, what is enough time, and what terms to set. She is very flexible, and she's already said that I need to put family first.
I know I roughly have around 30 sick days accumulated, and since it'll be the beginning of the year, I'll have 10 vacation days. That's about 8 weeks; is that enough time?
And what about once that time is up? Unfortunately, my workplace doesn't pay for anything beyond sick and vacation time. So, will we be able to afford my being out for a few more weeks? If I go back part time, should I go back for 2 or 3 days a week, go back for half days or go back full time....what? Ahhhh! So many things to think about, and we have 5 months to set it and save up for it.
When I go back, will we be able to afford a nanny, or will we have to stick my child in daycare?
But, it's not only about me, Marcus will be checking at his job to see what their policy is. This baby's his too.

No comments:

Post a Comment