Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Doctor's appointment today

Our appointment went well today. I've gain 3 pounds in a month; which is really good. We heard the heart beat again, and this time it was more pronounced than last month. The heart beat was between 140 and 150 beats per minute. The doc said that next month we'll find out if it's a girl or boy. We're so excited.
You never really now how your body will change with pregnancy. No one's pregnancy stories can prepare you for what your own body will experience. Now I'm even more hungry than usual. I'll drink milk before I go to bed and I'll wake up at 2 am for a snack. I'll eat cereal or a slice of bread with peanut butter. It's a different kind of hunger when pregnant. It's so hard to ignore and just fall asleep. I'm not as sleepy as I was in my first trimester; I just need to make sure I go to sleep at 10ish to last the entire next day.
Oh, Marcus is starting to talk to the baby too. He'll rub my tummy and say "hello" or "This is your dad talking." It's cute. I never thought that he would start interacting with Baby so soon. I figured that dads don't really have the same connection that moms do b/c they don't go through the same that moms do. I love it.
I have finally taken pictures to see what I look like now. I think I just look fatter instead of prego. It's ok. I know what's in my body.

1 comment:

  1. Jojo what happened? Did you eat two big oranges? cause the oranges are in the front, very visible. :-)

    ReplyDelete