Monday, September 20, 2010

He's 8 months

Nicholas has been living his baby life for 8 months now. I can't believe how fast time passes. I've told you that Nick scoots back; well, now he's crawling...kind of. On Saturday, he actually took a few knee steps forward. It was so exciting since Marcus and I were both with him, and we both began letting out a couple of tears. Gosh, we thought it would never happen. He still goes backward more than forward, but he's getting there.
Butt Scoot
Forward Crawl
Also, his 2nd tooth came in. I always figured they'd come in pairs, but not Nick's teeth. It's one at a time for him. Yes, he has bitten me after feedings, but a firm, "no," usually gets him to stop. Now thinking of it, it's been a while since the last time he did it, and he almost did this afternoon, but he stopped himself.
We bought Nick a book; Dr. Seuss' A B C to be exact, and he loves when we read to him. It's cardboard so he'll try and turn the pages. He's as successful as an 8 month old can be I guess; he'll turn once or twice. It's too cute. I guess I need some more. Little by little we'll fill his library.
1st book ever, Good Puppy
New Book, A B C
I've been reading, and as early as 6 months you can begin teaching a child sign language. I think we'll start with Nick. At least we'll see if it works for us since I do speak to Nick in Spanish. I'm not sure if teaching words in English, Spanish, and ASL will confuse him more. Nicholas will be one smart cookie, that's for sure.

Something I realized this weekend is that we don't kiss as often as we used to. We kiss when I leave for work, when I get home from work, and when we're ready to sleep. I know we kissed more before we got so Nick busy. Without speaking, we made the decision to kiss more often by kissing about 10x in a row. It's tough thinking about anything not baby related, but we know that we need to keep our relationship good and healthy too. Yes, the three of us are a family, but Marcus and I are life long partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment