Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nick

I'm sure no one really know where Nick is in his milestones.
Marcus is still watching him during the day, so he's been keeping me posted with messages, pictures, and videos. It's definitely not the situation we'd like to be in, but my prayer was answered. Before I went back to work, I would prey that he would be taken care of by someone we'd be able to trust, some one responsible, and some one that we'd be able to afford. Of course, I never wanted to send Nick to daycare, and this is how God answered my prayer. Marcus has been the best "caretaker" for our son. It's been fabulous, but I think we're both ready for a great job he can go to every weekday.
Nick has not started to crawl yet. He loves to sit and play with his ball. He will hit it with his hands and feet. He scoots on his butt, and he goes in circles while on his belly.
The little man babbles a lot and bites his lower lip, just like my cousin. Oh yes, and the biggest thing lately is that that his bottom teeth are growing out. I can feel them every time he grabs my hand to bite at it.
He loves to eat really food. We make his babyfood by steaming, boiling, or baking all of his foods. Anything green is #1, peas and green beans. He eats his oatmeal cereal like a champ. The one thing we're having a hard time with are fruits. He doesn't seem to really like them. Sweet potatoes he's good with (not a veggie, but sweet), apple's he's finally starting to like if we mix with cereal, and bananas are only good for a few spoon fulls. Of course, I'm happy he loves veggies, but I want him to love fruit too. We're gettin' there, I guess.
We know he's definitely ours b/c he loves music. I sing to him and he smiles, I dance with him and he bob's up and down, and he falls asleep with whatever is playing on his iPod. That could be Motown, Disney, Dean Martin, or Cri Cri (kids music in Spanish). I need to update his library though, and I've been thinking of taking him to Kindermusik; hopefully, we'll be able to go next semester.
Everyday I see how he represents his mommy and daddy, but he is still his own person. Wow!

Visit my blog The Haynes Life

No comments:

Post a Comment