Monday, August 23, 2010

1st day of class

I was late for work today which made me think of a million different things.  Coming out of my neighborhood, I saw the kiddies waiting for the bus. Going down the road to get to the freeway I passed about 5 school buses, and getting even closer I found myself stuck in traffic with a bunch of high school kids in their nice cars waiting to turn right to get to the school.
Nick is 7 month now, and in 4 yrs he'll be starting Pre-K and in 5 he'll be in Kindergarten. A scarier thought is when he starts high school or better yet his Senior year of high school in 17 yrs. I cannot imagine my little baby during any of those times. I know that it'll come sooner than I think, but I don't want to think about it.
Then I thought of my first days of school, and they were scary every single year. I was always nervous thinking I'd go into the wrong class room. It'd be scary to think of the kids from last year that never talked to me and the new kids that would probably never talk to me. Then high school was a little different since I had my choir friends and I'd always look forward to every year until my last year.
I'm going to do everything I can to make sure Nick is comfortable in school. I know I won't be able to control the other kids, but I can make sure he does whatever he wants in school and outside of school. I never got to join much b/c I was scared my dad would say now, and even when I was in choir he told me to quit b/c of the 1 time he had to drop me off at school for a musical. Because of how sensitive I was, I cried that evening and my mom made it ok afterward. I'll make sure Nick will never feel like that.
My sister started school too. Her first day in a university. I am so proud of her, but I have to say I'm a little worried. Sometimes she doesn't pay attention, and I worry that she'll miss a test or a paper. Then I think of how we'll be sending Nick off to college also in 18 yrs. What school will he go to? Will he go on an academic scholarship or an athletic scholarship? What will he want to be? I don't really care as long as he's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment