Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What they don't tell you about being prego

I am in my 3rd trimester, and with my belly/baby getting large my body has drastically changed. Most don't share, maybe b/c it's too embarrassing, but I don't care.
Everyone knows that it's tougher to bend down and tie your shoes, but it also blocks the view of certain body parts. Does it look the same? I don't know; I can't see. Every one always talks about getting gassy, but goodness gracious, it's ridiculous. Gas and/or heartburn all the time is not fun. Sometimes I just hope none of my coworkers come by my cube. I know most women talk about constipation, but thank goodness I don't have that problem. In fact, it's beginning to look like I'm going more often instead of less. Still not sure what's worse.
Something else that is expected is how tired you get. There is so much I want to do, and before I would be able to go go go from start to finish. Now, I can start but never finish. Sometimes I feel bad b/c I'll start cleaning or cooking and I have to ask Marcus to finish because I get so tired.
Even going to the grocery store has become difficult. Braxton Hicks contractions are no joke. Yesterday, I had one once we got in line to pay for the groceries, but it stopped once I got home, got water, and put my feet up. That drive was not fun, your abdomen gets really tight (similar to cramping), and baby doesn't make it any better (he moves to a spot that feels better for him, but worse for me).
Another thing is my sleep pattern. I am so tired when I get home after work, so I am happy falling asleep at 8 or 830, but my eyes are wide open at 5 am or sometime before. Then I'm sleepy again before I even leave work.
Lastly, is the baby moving, kicking, and punching. It's great sometimes, but when your trying to work or even just relax it is not fun. Nicholas is constantly moving now, which is great b/c he responds to us talking or touching him. He just kicks all the time now which is ridiculous and I have to admit, sometime annoying. Gosh, I can't wait until he's out. I'd rather see him kicking and screaming than him do this to my bladder, stomach, and ribs.
Of course there are happier times, but everyone talks about those. I'll talk about that next time, and you can be sure the list is way longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment